Sunday 20 September 2015

Coursework brief and initial ideas

Option 2
Main task: the titles and opening of a new fiction film, to last a maximum of two minutes.
Can be undertaken in pairs – both students must show and record their involvement in both the filming and editing process.

All video and audio material must be original, produced by the candidate(s), with the exception of music or audio effects from a copyright-free source. Media coursework. I have chosen to complete option 2 which is the titles and the opening of a new fiction film. I have chosen this option over option 1 because I believe that it allows me to best present my media skills through planning, resource collecting, set scouting, directing and cinematography. These skills have been mostly shown in my preliminary which gave me valuable insight into the process of setting up of the filming process and the principal photography that follows afterwards as well as editing in post production.

I have chosen to complete option 2 which is the titles and the opening of a new fiction film. I have chosen this option over option 1 because I believe that it allows me to best present my media skills through planning, resource collecting, set scouting, directing and cinematography. These skills have been mostly shown in my preliminary which gave me valuable insight into the process of setting up of the filming process and the principal photography that follows afterwards as well as editing in post production.

Initial ideas: initially I am very confident about the task and believe that I can work at a very efficient rate that is well planned and on schedule. My immediate idea is that of a negative tone that involves some form of authority figure and is accompanied by music. My main concern is that of the maximum length of the movie opening. The limit is 2 minutes. After an inquiry with my Media teacher, he said that 3 minutes would be the absolute maximum length. This could be an issue as my original ideas would most likely extend to about 3 and a half to 4 minutes. I already know though which aspects I would remove with little effect to the overall message presented in the movie opening. This would then limit the length of the movie opening to the maximum length. In terms of props, I am well equipped and can source most required costumes and props from local sources at either little or no price which will make filming on an almost zero budget plausible. I do not currently have an actor so I will need to either use someone who I know or know their family/friends. I can also advertise locally to try and find a more appropriate actor. I am looking for a male actor aged between 30-50 years old for my movie opening.
 Pictured: an idea of the type of look I want for my actor- Joel The Last Of Us
Pictured: musical inspiration for this movie opening- Madvillain, Great Day Today (Four Tet Remix)

Below is a mind map showing the different aspects of the task that I have chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment