Thursday 17 December 2015

Filming report dated 17th December 2015

Below is the schedule that I used to film on the 17th December 2015

During this final filming period, there were two parts of filming that had to be done. The first was the blood splatter after the punch and the other was audio for the 911 call where the dialogue and structure of the 911 call was changed.


DS17
This shot was based mainly on experiments to get the perfect shot. I setup a white background and positioned the glass of water in front of it. Using red food colouring, I dropped one drop into the glass. The after affect created by this was extremely effective and looked perfect. I then experimented with a syringe and received similar effects on my second and third takes. On my fourth take, I decided to instead use a larger quantity of food coloring in the glass and received unexpected results. The immediate effect was far better than the previous takes but with worse after affects as the colouring rose instead of fall like the previous takes. I decided to use this take as I needed a short take that didn't matter after the rest of the shot as i would cut to another shot. This shot is the only shot that is a symbolic and 'non-existent' shot that uses a metaphor instead of a literal meaning.






A1-A12 (Scene A)

A1
These lines of dialogue (and overall scene) proved to be very difficult to achieve. The main issue being that my actress was unable to make the 911 operator seem realistic enough. This was because of a lack of training on how to restrain themselves to raise the pitch of their voice in A1 as it is natural to do so when asking a question. Because the actress was doing this, it made the line seem unrealistic and unprofessional for a 911 operator to speak in this way. This problem resulted in me swapping roles with the actress to act as a 911 operator. However, I was also unable to make my voice seem realistic for a 911 operator. After many bloopers, I decided that the dialogue for the 911 operator was not possible to achieve based on my available resources. I started to instead attempt to source a recording using secondary sources off YouTube of real 911 operator recordings.  Still, I struggled to find any usable audio until I found some raw generic radio chatter audio on Youtube that I had to sort through and find the audio that I wanted. I  converted this audio into an mp3 file and then edited it into the film opening.

For the next line of dialogue, I needed audio from the caller who is in peril. As stated above, I had a large collection of bloopers made by trying to record the last line of dialogue. I decided to try to record the audio using the same actress again but as the caller. I again had difficulties getting the correct take that I wanted and tried varying accents with the actress to extreme stereotypes like strong Southern American and Scottish. This created some unique takes that were more comedic than usable in my opening. However, after recording a few Scottish takes; the actress almost accidentally produced the exact take that I wanted with the perfect audio that fitted the tone that I wanted for the opening. This take was produced out of the blue and using extreme accents seemed to have helped the actress to produce the take that I wanted. My response of shock can be heard at the end of the above video of the audio from the bloopers.
I decided to instead just use these two lines of dialogue and then a hang up dial tone for the film opening as I preferred the tone that it created for the opening and it matched what was achievable.



No comments:

Post a Comment