Sunday 6 December 2015

Filming report dated 6th December 2015

Below is the schedule that I used to film on the 6th December 2015




Below is the raw footage acquired from filming.


DS9


I found that this shot was quite difficult to film as I had to find a substitute for cocaine to film with. After looking online for different alternatives, I came across a website with the recommendation of baking powder. I ended up using baking powder after doing this research and trialling with flour as its consistency lacked the realistic consistency of cocaine based on its heavy density as well as other factors. I filmed three takes of this shot and used a vacuum cleaner to simulate the cocaine being snorted. Acting as a buffer, I used a dollar bill that was rolled up to hide the fact that a vacuum was used. Because the audio over the shot is music, it does not matter that a loud machine can be heard over the raw footage.

DS18

This shot was a change from the original shot as the original looked unrealistic and set up in a way that did not seem authentic. I filmed a shot of the draw being closed (to be put in the intro of the song) and a shot to replace shot DS18 of the draw being opened and the gun being taken out. The only issue that I found was that my shadow could be seen over the wood in some of the takes but finally was happy with the the that I chose to use for the final project as the shadow does not distract from the message that I wanted to create in this shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment