Wednesday 11 November 2015

Editing for film opening

Editing for film opening

In my film opening, I will not use many effects due to me wanting to make the opening seem as realistic as possible and feel that the implementation of some effects may detract from this feeling. I will be relying quite heavily on practical effects where I am actually filming with real props like using an actual car for shots in scene B. A lot of shots will have inferred effects like the addition of sound effects like a gunshot sound without showing the muzzle flash. Most shots will only have been cut and not had many extra effects added to them. However, I will add some color effects to brighten and darken certain shots.
I will include standard cuts in my opening that are done in chronological order with continuity editing. This will help to show the order of events in a clear and logical manner as the shots are of the audience looking onto the character and not taken from the perspective of the character. I that was done instead, the who events would be presented in a different order due to him experiencing this downfall and so is unable to properly keep track of which events happened when.

No comments:

Post a Comment