Wednesday 11 November 2015

Filming report dated 11th November 2015

Below is the schedule that I used to film of 11th November 2015.


Below is the raw footage acquired from filming and my report on each one as well as an introduction clarifying details.

I shot in the order of: DS18,DS8,DS11. This was because I shot the first two shots on a bench and so did not have to change the setup until the third shot. For all the shots, I used my hand and not the hand of the character that would be doing it. This may create slight continuity problems so I may have to consider reshoots if my arm looks drastically different to the actor's arms in the other shots. I used a strong lamp light behind the camera to brighten up the shot. I tried using a more direct torch but found that it was too powerful and caused a glare in the shot.
DS18





I found that shot DS18 was at first difficult to setup to get the gun and the badge to stay upright but not fall on each other as I had to pick the gun up without the badge falling over. I shot 2 takes to be assured that I had the shots that I wanted and found that I was eventually able to support the 2 props up against the bench without falling over throughout the shot. I did a trial of the shot beforehand to ensure that it would work before I started filming.


DS8

I found that shot DS8 looked odd in the viewfinder on the camera as the ridges of the circle were 'popping' whilst filming. After looking at the footage, I found that this problem was not visible.


DS11

I found that DS18 was very easy and the only problem was that the piece of paper did not look like a booklet being pushed forward. To combat this, I added a sketch book below the piece of paper which made it more convincing. I had the angle the camera downwards on the tripod and was concerned that the angle was too extreme but instead am comfortable with how the shot turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment